Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Love and Hate Craigslist

Did you ever post anything in the "freebie" adds in your local news paper? I seem to remember doing that but couldn't tell you what I sold. I have a love hate relationship with the current, cyber version of the Freebie adds. Craigslist. 
What I love. 1) It's FREE! As my dad says... "if it's free, it's for me". 2) You can find just about anything on it. 3) Craigslist allows you to search local and far away (although purchasing far away can be difficult). 4) You get a glimpse into the lives of a very wide spectrum of people through their adds/answers.
What I hate. 1)Flakes! Why people answer adds or post adds and then disappear still boggles my mind. 2) Bartering/Low-ballers/Tire Kickers. No I won't trade my scooter for your old hospital urinals and no I won't take payments unless you want to pick up the scooter after you made the last one. 3)You get a glimpse into the lives of a very wide spectrum of people through their adds/answers (no that was not a typo). 
I go through phases of selling things on CL. Now is one of them. I've got a couple of scoots for sale (Vespa  Honda), and of course I have already experienced, the flake, and the low-baller. But pleasantly, I have also come across the genuinely interested college kid trying to build an electric scooter, the person who realized they were getting in over their head and very politely declined to purchase, and a genuine Italian man who wants to purchase my cherished Italian scooter.
I have never posted anything other than in "For Sale" but I do like to peruse the other postings of rants, and such. Here are some great posts from the "Best Of Craigslist



No comments: