Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Here's the straight poop!


As this is my blog, I would like to get a few things clear. Not only are these the rules for the blog (which really only applies to me as I am producing it) but also general guidelines by which I live. Keep these in mind...
 
1. The english language is insane and thus correct spelling is not required nor expected. If you get confused as to what I am saying "just sound it out!" (this also goes for punctuation and grammar) 
2. Swearing is acceptable, but only as "bad words" can be accurate descriptors. It is probably always better to not swear, and most of the time swearing is not a very creative way of expressing your self, but really... curse words are just words after all.
3. Making a point for making a points purpose is useless. If something does not really matter to you, but would make you cool for saying it, you should keep your mouth shut. Don't say it if you don't really mean it.
4. When ever possible, use the metric system. Lets face it, millimeters, centimeters, meters and kilometers make a lot more sense than inches, feet, yards and miles. Plus all those crazy Italian two wheels I've got came completely in metric. 
5. Old stuff is generally better. Better than what? Who knows? I'm probably not old enough to say this but.... they don't make things like they used to! 
6. Technology is great! What ever I know I just wrote rule #5 but I like tech stuff too.
7. There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. This one is not really true. There ARE stupid questions AND stupid people, and we all are guilty of having asked them and been them at some time.
8. Art is the mastery of a medium that evokes an emotional response. (someone else said this and it made a lot of sense to me)
9. Don't be scared to be idealistic. If there is nothing to strive for, why step forward at all.
10. Try to think before you type. I find that typing is good for this where as things sometimes fly out of my mouth as I try to grab them and stuff them back in. Typing always offers the opportunity to hit the delete button. Be smart... use the button every now and then

I think that those are the basic parameters in which I will work and you should interpret. I'll probably add to the list but this is a good start. You don't need to sign a form stating you recieved the rules, but know that you have been warned.

B

1 comment:

Elena said...

I HAVE RECEIVED THE RULES

...and look forward to reading more! Welcome to the blogosphere!